jrwalks88 | at | gmail.com
To be part of an innovative and professional games team, creating immersive 3D environment experiences. I feel that I am highly motivated, eager to learn and I will prove myself as valuable asset within your company.
September 2011; Computer Science BSc (Hons) University of Sheffield (2:1)
I studied many aspects of advanced computing, from object-
One particular highlight of my degree course was the ‘Games Technology’ module. This
August 2007Advanced GCE Level:
Business Studies C
June 2005, GCSE Level:
English Language B
English Literature B
ICT Double Award C
Science Double Award C
January 2012 – Present; Design Visualiser at Smith of Derby Ltd:
• Communicating with clients to extract a brief then design and create bespoke timepieces from the ground up.
• Developing scenes and environments that fully showcase the product to the client.
• Producing 2D artwork for presentations and literature.
• Supporting all departments with visuals and website maintenance.
• Working closely with the engineering department to ensure the product specification can be met.
January 2012 – Present; Lead 3D Artist at Jackboot Games (Cryengine):
• Creating various environment assets (primarily foliage) and their LODs.
• Providing advice to the more junior members.
• Interviewing potential 3D artist candidates.
• Working with other departments to ensure a detailed and realistic quality throughout
3D Software Knowledge
2D Software Knowledge
In my down-
One of my other pasttimes is watching films (with the Indiana Jones trilogy being my favourite!), as well as going out with friends and attending the gym.